Sunday, March 21, 2010

Short Sunday

Today flew by!  This post is going to be short and to the point so I can do a little reading and relaxing tonight before bedtime.

I slept in a little this morning since I really wasn't planning on doing much today.  I woke up when Carl got home from work around 7:30AM.  He worked an overnight police department shift.  He went to bed, and I made some coffee and breakfast for myself.

I was so hungry, I didn't even think about taking a picture until I was almost done eating!  Breakfast was scrambled eggs, a whole wheat English muffin with smart balance spread, and a glass of OJ (Trop 50).  I also had some fruit this morning - grapes and honeydew melon.


I read through the newspaper and three magazines this morning - March 2010 National Geographic, Minneapois St. Paul mag, and my new Health mag.  It was a lot of reading, but at least I'm getting through the pile.  There was a great article in Health about back pain, and how to correct your sitting, standing, and posture to help alleviate the pain.  I tore out the page to post near my desk at work because there were actually pictures on how to sit properly.  I'm hoping that posting this page will be a little reminder to me to sit properly - not lean over, squint, and hunch myself over my keyboard - at work.

I took a break for my morning snack which was a banana and a Fiber One yogurt.


Then, I caught up on my Facebook, email, and the other blogs I normally follow.  Carl got up around 11:30ish, and we had lunch.  I had a leftover grilled chicken breast and some carrots.


Vlad was bored, bored, bored.  I was putting off going on a walk with him today because it was so cold.  At least, I thought it was cold outside.  I finally bundled up to walk the poor pup, and as soon as we set out I realized that it was actually nice outside!  I was way over-layed.  Vlad and I walked for about 30 minutes, and I listened to a New York Times book review podcast.  Lots of people in the neighborhood were out in their yards sprucing up gardens... at little early I think.

Later in the afternoon, I hit the treadmill.  Today is usually a rest day, but I'm going to have to shift my workout schedule a bit this week so I can have dinner with Suzie on Thursday night.  I'll workout today, and take Wednesday off instead so I can grocery shop that night, and then have Thursday night free to spend with Suz.  I really pushed myself today during my run, and ran at 6.8 mph.  I've never run that fast on the treadmill before.  It felt GREAT! :D  My legs are a bit sore now, but that means that I worked my body harder / differently - it's good to shake things up a bit!  I also did my strength training exercises.  I'm still watching Ghost Whisperer episodes - I'm really getting attached to the characters now. :)  Good series.

After my workout, I had a Honey Crisp apple with peanutbutter.  This is one of my most fav snacks.  I've been using Skippy Natural peanutbutter - very creamy.


I was going to do pork chops for dinner tonight, but changed my mind at the last minute.  All of a sudden a good homemade pizza, salad, and a beer sounded like it would hit the spot.  Carl brought us up some New Glarus, Spotted Cow beers from downstairs, and I prepped our usual Boboli lean beef pizza and salad.




Right now I'm drinking some delicious almond milk, and about to relax with yet another magazine!  Back to work tomorrow!

No comments:

Recent Comments