Before we headed out, I had a tasty snack - a Red Delicious apple with peanutbutter.
I thought that it was warmer outside than it really was today! The sun was deceiving, and making the living room nice and toasty. I thought it was around 50 degrees, but it was only 36 degrees! Brrrr! I of course suggested that it might be a good idea if we stop at Starbucks for nice, warm coffees before hitting the trail.
There nothing like walking with a little java. :D Vlad didn't really care about coffee, he just wanted to run and play.
I think Carl's coffee was too hot for him...
Time to hike!
We hiked for about 40 minutes. Vlad had a great time sniffing, digging, walking in mud, eating (what I don't know, and I don't want to know). Carl and I chatted, and caught up with each other - it's been a busy couple of weeks for us.
We had a great hike! Vlad was so happy. :)
When we got back home, it was dinner time. I decided to grill tonight. I love grilling! There's no pots and pans to clean up AND it's a healthy way to cook. Two pluses! You can't beat that!
Tonight's menu was grilled boneless chicken breasts, brown rice w/ soy sauce, and roasted veggies.
This is how I grilled the chicken:
- prepped the chicken breasts and put them in a glass pan for a quick marinade
- poured a 1/2 cup of white wine I had on hand over the chicken, AND about 3 TBSPs extra virgin olive oil
- seasoned with garlic, onion powder, Mrs. Dash Table Blend (my fav Mrs. Dash), and black pepper
- let marinade for about 10 minutes
- turned the grill on low, and placed the chicken on the barbie
- cooked each side of the chicken about 5 minutes
Here's the whole dinner: chicken, rice and veggies.
Carl and I really enjoyed dinner. It was nice to have something healthy, and so good! Now, it's time to get to some serious reading. I got two new magazines in the mail today - Health and Minneapolis St. Paul! I'm drowning in mags, and I really need to delve in and take care of some reading. Wish me luck!