Friday, April 2, 2010

Foodie Friday

I’m kind of tied up today at work for most of the day – unable to get to a PC to blog at my normal blog times. So, I’ve decided to do a preview of my lunch and afternoon snack for you.


First, let’s start with breakfast. Still in my mode for eggs and whole wheat English muffins. My tummy was a little weird this morning (probably due to the veggie burger) so I stuck with what my body knows for breakfast.


Morning Snack

Sliced fresh strawberries dipped in Fiber One vanilla yogurt! This snack is SOOOO good.


Lunch

Since I threw together a salad last night for dinner, I figured I would kill two birds with one stone and make one for today’s lunch as well.

In the mix:
~ spring mix and butter lettuce
~ diced apple (new for me in a salad!)
~ cauliflower
~ mushrooms
~ carrots
~ walnuts
~ dried cranberries
~ fat free feta cheese
~ two tablespoons of raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing
~ black pepper

I also have a 100 calorie Arnold whole wheat sandwich thin that I’ll spread some peanut butter on.


Afternoon Snack Time!

For my afternoon snack, I have a banana and some Kashi Cinnamon Harvest squares. I won’t eat this whole container of squares – at least, I’ll try not to!


I have a 4 mile run to do when I get home from work today. At this point, I’m not 100% sure what dinner will end up being tonight – solo again so something simple. If it’s not raining I may grill out some chicken breasts. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Recent Comments