Friday, April 2, 2010

Veggie Burger Blah.

It’s Friday!!!! I’m so happy. I have been so tired this week, and I’m really looking forward to sleeping in a little Saturday morning. I think my tiredness is due to a combination of warmer weather, allergies, and the additional mileage I’m logging for the half marathon training. My body is taking a beating. Thankfully, yesterday was a REST DAY. My knee feels better today, and back to normal. So, I should be able to pump out the 4 miles I need to accomplish. Hopefully this weekend will offer some R and R, along with Easter Brunch on Sunday at Fanny Hill! Can’t wait!


Rewind to last night’s dinner…

I didn’t blog last night because two of my favorite shows were on with new episodes – BONES and FRINGE. It was so nice to relax downstairs and veg out for a while.

Dinner was a little weird though. I picked up some veggie burgers while grocery shopping, and decided to try one out since I was solo for dinner. I whipped up a yummy salad with all the regular veggies, plus dried cranberries, walnuts, and fat free feta cheese. And, I cut up some fresh strawberries (on sale at the grocery store) to have as a little dessert.



I decided to grill the veggie burger, as it indicated on the box (you could either microwave ~umm, yuck~ or grill it). Though I enjoy a good veggie burger at a restaurant, I’ve never purchased them to have at home. I wanted to see if they were tasty enough to make into a regular dinner for me on nights that Carl is at karate. I picked up this brand at the store, because I’ve heard of it before, and because it was rated #1 in the Tasters Choice Awards.





I grilled it on the gas grill for about 10 minutes, then served it up on a 90 calorie whole wheat hamburger bun, with cheddar cheese.



It tasted pretty good. I mean it wasn’t awesome or anything, but it tasted like and had the consistency of a beef burger. I ate the whole thing.


Later, I paid for that veggie burger. Though it tasted pretty good at the time, the after taste was not good. I can’t even explain it, but I tasted that veggie burger in my mouth for the rest of the night. And, when I woke up this morning my tummy was NOT happy. I really don’t know if it’s just me and my weird body’s reaction to the burger, or if this is just not a good product. Who knows. I just DO KNOW that I won’t be trying these veggie burgers again. Yuck.


Bowl for Kids Sake Fundraising Update

On a happier note, I’ve raised $90.00 towards my $250.00 goal for Big Brother’s Big Sister’s Bowl for Kids Sake! Thanks so much to Elaine Mothes and Rhonda Karau for their donations!!! I still have $160 to go. If you’re interested in donating or just checking out my fundraising page click here.

1 comment:

Libby said...

We use the Morningstar Veggie Burgers...but I have never had the "Grillers". Erin LOVES the Mushroom one and I like the spicy black bean one. There is also an Asian one that I enjoy, but ya kinda have to put different types of toppings on it. Maybe give a different variety of Morningstar a try. I much prefer them to the Boca brand. I use the Morningstar sausage patties all the time too. Love them.

Recent Comments