Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday, Monday

Good Morning Blog World.  It is Monday.  My vacation day is over... well, until my next vacation days coming up next week!!! Whoo Hoo!  Next week is my birthday week. (Yes, I celebrate for an entire week.  It IS the celebration of my BIRTH for cryin out loud).  I'm going to be 31 years old.  Wasn't I just in high school?  College?  Where have the years gone???
Well, at any rate, I am older now with lots of responsibilities and such - BLAH.  I'm taking April 8 and 9 as vacation days (April 9 is my actual D.O.B.)  I've asked to go to St. Paul, MN to the Science Museum to see the awesome Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit.  Can't wait!!!  Literally, I can't wait!  I need more days off!  :-D

Today though, I have to get serious and get to work.  There's lots to do this week and next both here and at home.  Buck up sister!  Plus, I have to start thinking about my training schedule for the Eau Claire Half Marathon (more on that soon).

(rewind to last night's dinner)

I whipped up some tacos last night for dinner.  Here was the spread:

~ Lean Beef, shredded lettuce, cheddar cheese, on white corn tortilla soft shells (YUM!)

~ Salad with butter and spring mix lettuce, mushrooms, carrots, cucumbers, dried cranberries, walnuts, with a touch of raspberry vinegarette dressing

~ White shoepeg corn

Mmmmmmm.


After dinner, I Googled half marathon training plans, and read a little of my new book The Unbearable Lightness of Scones by Alexander McCall Smith.  Relaxing night.



(Fast Forward to this morning)

Breakfast this morning was scrambled eggs, whole wheat English muffin with Smart Balance, and a glass of Trop 50.  I ALMOST changed up using peanutbutter on my muffin instead of Smart Balance.  But, then I remembered that I was going to have some peanutbutter at lunch with my apple, so I nixed that idea.  I love peanutbutter, and I have to be careful not to over-indulge.  Even though it's good for you, it has a lot of fat.  A couple tablespoons a day is plenty.  Sadly, you can even have too much of a good thing in your healthy diet.  Everything should be eaten in moderation. :)


My morning snack this morning was a cup of grapes (I love grapes now, I used to think they were kind of gross because of the texture - I was crazy) and a Fiber One Vanilla yougurt.


I think I may go on a walk at lunch today, and listen to a podcast or two.  I did have a meeting, but it was canceled - YAY!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Is Styx making some sort of exercise equipment?

Recent Comments