Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hump Day!

Hello!  Happy Hump Day!  I figured I better get a post in now, because tonight is going to be pretty busy, and I'd really like to get in bed early because I have an early workout tomorrow morning.

By the way, today is a REST DAY for me for my main workout.

Vlad and I got up bright and early this morning at 4:45AM to get his walk in - 30 minutes, in the rain no less!  Yes, we walk rain or shine, or dark!

Breakfast this morning was scrambled eggs, one piece of whole wheat toast with Smart Balance Spread, and a small glass of OJ (Trop 50). 

This morning I was in a complete rush when I got to work.  Brittany and I were hosting a CPR / AED certification class from the American Red Cross for all of the businesses in the building today from 8:30AM - 12:00PM.  We were also participating since our office is the location of the AED Defibrilator, and there were about five other people coming to train as well.  So, I had to get the conference room all set up for the meeting, including moving the tv and DVD player (that was interesting by myself), coffee, water, snacks, etc.  WHEW! 

The class went great by the way - both Brittany and I passed our tests, and are officially CPR and AED certified!  YAY!  I did eat my morning snack during the 5 minute break we had - a banana and a Fiber One vanilla yogurt.

Lunch was a bit rushed after our training, but yummy.  I had leftovers from last night's dinner - a roasted chicken breast and couscous, plus carrots and a dark chocolate.



One of the staff members here made brownies, that are to die for... but I didn't have one.  I would rather have one of my choc chunk and oatmeal SUPER FOOD cookies tonight.  See what kind of distractions I have here at work!!!!  Must have willpower!



After lunch I had a nice cup of tea - Yogi, Kumbucha Green Tea, aids in immune and digestive functions - here it is almost gone...


Here's my tea tip for today....


Later in the afternoon after working on two reports (yuck), I had an apple and a Kashi Bar, Dark Mocha Almond.  I really like the Kashi bars, they taste great, and they don't have a ton of fat, sugars, or sodium.


This particular bar only has 3.5g fat, 90mg sodium, and 6g sugar, PLUS it has 6g protein and 4g of fiber!


I have to grocery shop tonight after work, and I'm not 100% sure what I'll be making for dinner - depends on how much time I have when I get home.  But, in the back of my mind, I'm thinking spaghetti.  I usually prepare spaghetti this way...

- Brown 1/2 pound of lean ground beef

- Pour one jar of Prego spaghetti sauce over and simmer for about 15 min. (I like Prego Heart Smart sauces because they are lower in sodium than other spaghetti sauces.  Ideally I would like to have home-made, canned sauce, but I don't have that kind of time!)

- Cook half a box of Barilla Plus spaghetti noodles (whole grain noodles)

- Steam broccoli for two

- Cut a few slices from a whole wheat french bread loaf, lightly butter each piece with Smart Balance, and sprinkle some garlic powder on top.  Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.  The slices come out slightly crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.

I usually cook the noodles and the bread at the same time.  This way, when they are both done, it's time to eat, and the bread is nice and warm.  Then, I serve up the noodles, topped with the meat sauce, with broccoli and bread on the side.  I always add a little fresh parmesan cheese to mine too.

Mmmmmm!  (I'll post a picture here later when I take one tonight - that is if we have spaghetti!)

And, just for the sake of reporting, I'm sure I'll have a cookie after dinner!

1 comment:

Libby said...

Yay for Kashi Bars!!!

Recent Comments