Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday is Finally Here!

Yea for Friday!  Where have you been all week?  Seriously.  I am so ready for the weekend.  Today really hasn't been that bad though.  I got a lot of important and pressing tasks done yesterday, and today I've been able to re-group a little, and catch up on random tasks.  Nice!

It's also nice that today is a rest day for me, so no main workout.

This morning, I got up at 4:45AM to another foggy, gloomy sky.  Vlad and I did our morning walk in 30 minutes.  I didn't listen to anything on my ipod because I wanted to be able to hear cars coming down the street.  It was so foggy, I could barely see in front of me, and Vlad is as dark as night.  I need to get him one of those reflective vests to wear!

Breakfast was scrambled eggs, an English muffin with Smart Balance spread, and a small glass of Silk Almond milk. 

Before heading to work, I said goodbye to Vlad for the weekend.  Grandma is picking him up today around lunch time to spend the weekend with her.  (I told him that he's going on vacation.  He loves Grandma!)  She's going to dog-sit for us while were gone on Saturday to St. Paul, MN to see La Boheme at the Ordway Center Opera House.

My morning snacks were some fresh, sliced strawberries, a Fiber One vanilla yogurt, and a banana.  The strawberries are organic, and they tasted heavenly.  Mmmmmm!  (Yes, yes, I know my banana is very ripe, but I really like it that way!)


Lunch today was leftover spaghetti from the other night, some carrots (I had already eaten several before I took this picture), and a dark chocolate.


After eating lunch, I had to drop my car off for an oil change down the street at Barstow Auto.  So Natalie and I decided to go for a walk while I waited for the mechanics to get done.  We visited a cool clothing store along the way, Isabelle and Company, and I dropped off some books at the public library.  It was cool and drizzily outside - not very fun walking weather, but we did it anyway.

While walking back to the auto garage, we stopped in a brand new little cafe called Harmony Corner.  We glanced at their menu, and it looks like they have a couple different kinds of panini sandwiches, salads, fruit plates, cookies, and breads.  They use organic ingredients, mostly local food items, and serve 100% fair-trade coffee.  Pretty cool!  It's great to have another place to grab downtown, and close to work that has some healthier options for lunch.

We also stopped in Dessert First (cupcake lady!) so Natalie could get some cupcakes. 

Mmmmmmm, though so tempting, I didn't buy any.  Here's Natalie making her selections.  I think she got 1 Guinness Cupcake (made with Guinness beer), 1 Irish Cream cupcake, 1 Double Chocolate cupcake, and 3 Red Velvet cupcakes.  My mouth is watering just naming them!


Mmmmmmmm....


This was a cool wall hanging in the cupcake shop...


Natalie with her cupcake purchases... she bought the best cupcakes in town!


Okay, now that I got through all of that cupcake talk, I must bring myself back to reality.  When I got back to the office, I had a macadamia nut flavored coffee from the Acoustic Cafe, and an apple.  (No, cupcake.)






We have a slightly low-key night planned tonight.  Dinner around 6:30, then we're heading out to find Carl a jump rope and some cross training shoes.  I'm thinking that we will probably have baked pork chops, Barilla elbow noodles w/ some light alfredo sauce, and some roasted veggies for dinner.

Hope your Friday is great!

No comments:

Recent Comments