Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cloudy with a chance of Yuck.

Still pretty crummy outside.  It's been misty all day.  I guess when I really think about it, I don't mind the overcast weather.  It just means spring must be on it's way - and no snow.

Hey, my blueberry Chobani greek yogurt was delicious this morning!  I put a little granola in there and mixed it up really well.  You can see the whole blueberries in there.  I'm so excited that I found a greek yogurt flavor I truly enjoy.  This was delightful!  (Also had my banana, which was tasty, but not nearly as exciting).


Suzie and I decided to go to Secret Garden today for lunch.  We haven't been there in a while.  It's a Korean grill that has a buffet with raw veggies and meat (chicken, beef, seafood, pork).  You pile your plate with all of the veggies and meat that you want, pour on your choice and combination of sauces, and they grill your plate full of food right in front of you!  Everything is served over steamed rice.  It's so good, and a much healthier option for lunch - yum!  (Too bad they don't have brown rice though - just white).

On my plate I have carrots, cabbage, zucchini, chicken, mushrooms, ummm, I think that may be it - I'm not sure, I just pile on the veggies!



After stimulating lunch conversation with each other, Suzie and I decided to head to Starbucks for a coffee treat.  I decided to try their new Dark Cherry Mocha - tall, with skim milk, and no whipped cream.  This is about 210 calories, 10g of protein, and A LOT of sugars.  It was a special treat though, and something I hardly ever indulge in anymore - mocha type drinks that is...



Just had my strawberries as my afternoon snack - I'm still a little stuffed from lunch.  I thought Carl was going to karate class tonight, but I just found out that he's not going.  He has a lot of work to do.  So I probably won't be having a bowl of cereal and some fruit for dinner like I planned.  I'll probably make us some kind of chicken dish over brown rice with veggies.

Going to finish up the work day, and head out to get my hair done!

1 comment:

Libby said...

Yay! Try the Peach Chobani too. I have stayed away from the pineapple and pomegranate, but maybe I will get adventurous and try them since you stuck with the Chobani and found out that you liked it.

Recent Comments