Sunday, February 28, 2010

The End of a Weekend

It's already Sunday night!  Where did the weekend go?  I'll tell you what, I've spent a lot of time this weekend learning about this blogging stuff.  Hopefully, I'll be able to have time to continue to post most of my meals, snacks, and workouts as time goes on.  But, there's no way I can spend as much time as I did this weekend on blogging!  I guess we'll see how things go this week.  I really want to try and get some information on my page links though.  Hmmmm....

Snack time (again).
When Carl got home from appointments at 4:00PM he really wanted a snack, so he had some popcorn.  I didn't have any, but had an apple with peanut butter instead (not pictured - I just ate it, and that's it.).


For dinner, I made one of Carl's favorites, Steak Bites over alfredo noodles, with broccoli.  Don't worry, I don't cut all of my food into bites.  Carl invented Chicken bites and Steak bites when we lived at UW-Eau Claire and he was a Hall Director and I was in graduate school at UW-Stout.  Back then, he was responsible for dinner a lot of evenings because I had night classes.

Ingredients for dinner:  Top Sirlion Steak, Barilla Plus Multigrain noodles, Classico Four Cheese Alfredo (this particular brand and flavor has the least sodium and fat from my research on canned alfredo sauces), broccoli and cauliflower.  (The parmesan cheese is for me - I like to sprinkle a little on top.)


Process:  I cut up the steak into bite sized pieces, and sauteed in extra virgin olive oil over medium heat for about 20 minutes.  I added some spices, and about 1/4 cup red wine to the meat.  I cooked the noodles and poured less than half of the jar of alfredo sauce on the noodles (not very much).  Then, I cut up the veggies and steamed them in the mirowave in my Pampered Chef steam pots (LOVE THESE, I use them several times during the week to quickly steam veggies - so healthy).


While I was making dinner, Carl poured us the last of our Door County wine.  We visited the Stone's Throw Winery in Door County, WI last fall and did a wine tasting there.  This was one of the wines we ended up really liking and purchasing - Grandma's Barrel 2007.



Carl is using a wine aerator while pouring the wine.  It aerates the wine, giving a really smooth taste.  You can really tell a difference - amazing!

This is how dinner turned out.  Notice that half of our plate includes veggies.  We each have about a half cup of noodles and a little over a half cup of steak bites.


After dinner, Carl made changes on his workout schedule for the upcoming week, while I cleaned the kitchen.  Right now he's doing a 12 week cardio strength training schedule based on exercises from his two new books.  It's pretty rigorous.

Now time for a little R & R before we have to get ready for another week of work.  The weekend goes by too fast!  I think I'll have some tea before bed.  I've been drinking Yogi Green Tea lately.  This happens to be the super antioxident kind.  Tea before bed is always very soothing.  Plus it gives me something for my hands to do so I don't go reaching for any snacks.  I try not to eat past 8PM.  Nighty night!

No comments:

Recent Comments