Sunday, February 28, 2010

Lunch and other tidbits...

After Vlad's bath, which I didn't take a picture of because baths are a bit traumatic for Vlad, Carl and I had some lunch. 

I made Carl an Omelet Sandwich - two eggs, two pieces of whole wheat bread, and 1 slice of cheddar cheese.  He also had a small glass of almond milk (I have him hooked on this now!) and a small orange.  Carl really liked his sandwich...


I had an egg white sandwich - 2 egg whites, 1 whole wheat english muffin, and fat free feta cheese.  Feta cheese by the way is really good.  It has a sharpe, salty taste.


This is what my sandwich looked like.  I also had a small glass of almond milk, and a handful of grapes which are not shown.


After lunch, I folded the mounds of laundry I washed yesterday.


Then I hit the treadmill for my main workout of the day.  I did the same routine that I did yesterday (you can look at yesterday's post, or visit my Fitness Page to see what my normal fitness routine involves).  My workout lasted for about 50 minutes - 40 minutes on the treadmill where I logged 3.75 miles and burned 450 calories, then about 10 minutes of resistance exercises.  I had a lot of energy today, and really pounded out my running on the treadmill.  There are some days that I just make it through, but then their are days like today when I just feel great all over, and totally in the zone.  I love it when I feel in the zone.  It's like my body is in sync with all the movements, and I never fatigue.  GREAT!

Later in the afternoon, around 3ish, Carl and I had some shakes as our afternoon snack. 

Carl drinks two protein shakes everyday (one at 10AM and one at 3PM).  He is really into weight-lifting and needs the additional protein to help build muscle.  He tries different kinds/brands of protein every couple of months.  Right now he has NF-Pro, 100% professional grade whey protein.  It has 24 grams of protein per serving.  I made him a chocolate fusion NF-Pro protein shake (he also has vanilla flavor).

In Carl's shake - about 3 tablespoons of whey powder, 1 cup skim milk, 3 ice cubes, and one whole banana.


I put his shake in a "to go cup" because he had to leave for some appointments.


Carl and I try to have containers and methods on hand for us to take healthy snacks with us wherever we go.  That way we're not stuck somewhere hungry and looking to pick up something to eat that's not so good for us.  If you plan ahead, and are prepared, there's really no excuse not to eat healthy.

Carl also brought along a protein bar to have with his protein shake (overload!!!!).  He likes Pure Protein bars.  This one happened to be Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor, but he also likes Double Chocolate and Chocolate Chip Cookie flavors.  These bars have 6g of fat, 200 calories, and 20g of protein.  We buy them at Target in the vitamen aisle.


I had a fruit smoothie for my snack.  I only have fruit smoothies a couple of times a month.  Here's what I put in my smoothie:  1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup non fat, plain yougurt, 6 medium frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries.


My smoothie fits in a pilsner glass.

No comments:

Recent Comments