Thursday, April 15, 2010

Back!

Good Morning Bloggies!

I'm back!  Sorry for the delay in blogging, but life has officially taken over for me lately.  The next week or so is going to be pretty busy.  In fact, I'm trying really hard not to add anything more to my calendar in fear that I will go crazy. 

Admidst all of this "life" I am still on track with my half-marathon training.  Here is a quick recap of where I am right now:

Week 2 = 29 miles total running miles

Week 3 goal (this week) = 29 miles, so far I've run 14.50 miles.

I'm still going strong, and my knee is miraculously holding out during all of this.  I'm pretty pumped about it all.  I will say that I am more tired than I have been in a long time though.  All of these extra miles is burning mondo energy.  I'll be glad to get on my regular workout schedule again after the race.  Whew!  I still have 2.5 weeks to go.  And, this Saturday I have to run 11 miles!!!!  I know I will need a walk break at some point in that 11 miles. 

Back to yummy food now...

Last night's dinner was delicious.  I whipped up baked chicken breasts, roasted brussel sprouts (this has surprisingly become my most fav veggie now), brown rice, and sauteed mushrooms (sauteed in a tablespoon of Smart Balance butter, no seasonings).


You know, these simple dinners are so wonderful - not a lot of sodium, lots of protein and whole grains... really great.  :)  I've learned over the year to appreciate a simple "home" meal (as opposed to a restuarant dish).



Breakfast this morning was my usual - yes, I'm sorry but I LOVE eggs and English muffins.  They just "do it" for me what can I say.  :)



Today at Starbucks you can get FREE COFFEE!  Just bring any reusable travel mug, and they will fill you up for free!  I meant to stop by this morning on my way to work, but completely forgot.  It's okay, I brewed Starbucks at home this morning anyway.  I may stop by later today though after my lunch meeting and get a fill up!

My morning snack this morning is a Yoplus light yogurt - vanilla flavored.  I think this is supposed to be similar to my Fiber One yogurts.  It's okay - not quite as tasty as the Fiber One vanilla.  The Yoplait has 90 calories, and the Fiber One has 50 cals... I'm dipping strawberries in my yogurt today.  Mmmmm...



Not sure what lunch will be today.  I have a Chippewa Valley Society for Human Resource Management (CVSRM) meeting today.  I hope you all are having a great day!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back. I missed you!

Recent Comments