Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sinful Lunch

Okay, I have a confession to make:  I had a really BAD lunch today.  In my defense, I didn't know what exactly I was ordering!!!!  I was at our firm location in Wausau, WI, and had planned to eat the lunch I packed this morning in company cafe. 


I was even going to go on a walk with a co-worker for part of my lunch hour!!!  But, plans changed, and I ended up having a lunch meeting instead. 

At the restaurant, I had originally ordered a grilled chicken breast, with a side salad.  Suddenly, the lady next to me ordered something that sounded really great, that I hadn't noticed on the menu:  chicken and mushroom stuffed crepes.  So, I changed my order.  I SHOULD HAVE ASKED HOW THIS FOOD WAS PREPARED!!!!  Ahhhhh!  In my mind, I pictured crepes filled with sauteed chicken breast and mushrooms. I was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!  What was placed in front of me was about two cups of crepes, mushrooms, and chicken in cheesey, buttery, cream saucy deliciousness.  I honestly sat there and thought: "I can't eat this!!!!  Not on the diet!!!!"  But, what was I to do???  I couldn't embarass myself, and say, "I'm sorry, I really didn't know this would come in a ton of fat.  You're going to have to take this back to the kitchen."  No, I sat there and had to eat it!  I only ate about a 1/2 cup of it, claiming to be "full."  (I did still have my side salad too.)  I just couldn't even enjoy it, because I didn't plan for it, and it was totally unexpected.  I was a little disappointed in myself that I had changed my order on a whim, AND didn't ask how this menu item was prepared.  Live and learn I guess.  Needless to say, I did NOT take a picture of the crepes.  I was totally shamed, and I didn't think that taking pics of food during a business meeting would go over well. 

To make the world right again, I ate my apple in the car on the way back to Altoona.  No more unknown menu item ordering for me!  YIKES!


No comments:

Recent Comments