- Sliced apple with peanut butter (1 tablespoon)
- Turkey and tomato on whole-wheat bread (1 slice)
- Low-fat cottage cheese and a peach or pear
- A hard-boiled egg and a piece of fruit
- Almonds (1/3 cup) and dried apricots (1/4 cup)
- A yogurt-and-fruit smoothie
- Hummus (1/4 cup) and baby carrots
- Low-fat yogurt and fresh strawberries
- Baked sweet potato with low-fat cottage cheese
- Baked tortilla chips (10) and low-fat bean dip (1/2 cup)
- Reduced-fat cheese (1 1/2 ounces) (Laughing Cow Light!) and whole-grain crackers (5)
- Half a peanut butter and banana sandwich (1 tablespoon peanut butter)
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Great "Energy Snacks"
I'm always looking for snacks that will not only fill me up, but will also give me lots of energy. Here are a few great healthy snacks that do just that!