Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy Monday!

Good Evening!  Yes, it's evening and I'm just now getting around to blogging.  If how today went is any indication of how the week is going to progress, I may have to stay in bed tomorrow.  Too much to do, and too little time.

Let's get down to it shall we?  I didn't take many pictures today.  Sorry about that, but I was mondo busy at work.  The only pictures I have are of the delicious oatmeal cookies I'm baking right now.  Later I'll post a little about the CMEC event I attended last night - lots of delicious snacky foods there, and pictures!

I could not sleep this morning.  I actually got up at 4:15AM this morning because a splitting headache was keeping me awake.  (Must have been the two glasses of red wine I had last night at the party.)  Whew!  I got up, popped two extra strength tylenol, and decided to stay awake and take Vlad on his walk.  We went on a 30 minute walk, in the dark - so peaceful.  I just chilled, and didn't listen to my ipod this morning.  Probably wouldn't have helped my headache anyway.

Breakfast this morning was the usual:  scrambled eggs, whole wheat english muffin with smart balance spread, and a small glass of OJ.  I also drank lots of water this morning.  I was pretty parched.

Morning snack was a banana and a Fiber One Vanilla Yogurt.

I had a conference call for lunch today.  So while I listened in to the conversation I ate a leftover baked chicken breast from last night's dinner, about a 1/2 cup of wheat noodles with a tad of butter melted on them, a handful of carrots, and a handful of grapes. 

After lunch I had some Yogi Antioxident Green Tea - very relaxing, and boy did I need it after my conference call.  Our meeting really riled me up.  I was not happy.

I was hoping for some tasty snacks at a seminar I attended this afternoon on how to use Google Analytics to improve your website, but alas... there was only water and soda available.  So I had a water.

When I got home from the seminar I had a handful of peanuts and a small glass of almond milk.  YUM Almond Milk!  If you want to try Almond Milk, try Silk's brand of almond milk.  I get the vanilla flavor.  Only 90 calories per cup, and it takes like a milkshake!

I was so tired from getting up so early that I barely had enough energy to get through my workout.  I did it though, and it actually released a lot of stress.  I always feel so much better after a good run.  Today I did 40 minutes run/walk on the treadmill, but went back to my normal mph of 6.4 running and 4.3 walking.  Then, I did 10 minutes of strength training.  I also watched another episode of Ghost Whisperer.  It's turning out to be pretty good - not as great as X-Files or anything though.  Still, it's entertaining.

Tonight for dinner, I whipped up the ever popular steak bites over brown rice.  (Top sirloin steak, cut into bite sized pieces, and pan sauteeded in olive oil.)  We also had some great side salads. 

In our salads:
Baby Lettuce Mix & Butter Lettuce
Carrots
Dried Cranberries
Fat Free Feta Cheese
Walnuts
Mushrooms (in mine, Carl doesn't like them)
Black pepper

Carl had some light honey mustard dressing, and I had some light Northern Italian dressing.  A great dinner!

Now, I'm baking up some delicious chocolate chip, walnut, oatmeal cookies.

In the cookies:
Brown Sugar
Unsalted butter
Semi sweet chocolate chips
Chopped Walnuts
Whole wheat flour
1 egg
baking soda
vanilla
old fashioned oats

I found the recipe in a Health magazine.  This cookie combines super foods and is labeled as "America's Healthiest Cookie."  "Super charged snack - this amped up cookie combines three of the best foods for women into one delicious treat:  walnuts, oatmeal, and of course chocolate!"

Here's the recipe:  Chocolate Chunk and Walnut Oatmeal Cookies

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......



Yep, I saved the best for last!  Have a great night!

No comments:

Recent Comments