Sunday, March 7, 2010

A "Sun" Day

Busy day today, so I'll get right to it.  I'm on a bit of a time crunch this afternoon.  Have a couple more tasks to get done before I have to get ready the Children's Museum of Eau Claire "Hollywood" event tonight.  It's a fundraising event built around the showing of the Oscars.  Should be fun!

I got up this morning around 7AM to make us some yummy pancakes and bacon.  We always have pancakes on Sundays - our special treat!  We relaxed for a while reading the newspaper, and I finished one of New Yorker magazines (finally).

My morning snack included some sliced, fresh strawberries and a Fiber One vanilla yogurt.  Yum!


Then, it was time to workout.  Usually Sunday is a rest day for me, but I'm having to trade it this week for Wednesday night.  I have a lot going on this week - another busy one!

Workout was 40 minute run/walk on the treadmill, and 10 minutes of strength training.  I upped my mph to 6.5 for running  and 4.4 for walking today and I can totally feel it in my legs now!  Plus, I started a new tv series to watch while on the "mill" - Ghost Whisperer.


After my workout, I had a light lunch:  bowl of cheerios and some grapes.



After lunch, I was going to get a shower, but I felt so sorry for Vlad.  He wanted to do something outside, and it's such a nice day today (sunny, and almost 50 degrees) so I took him on a quick walk in the neighborhood, about 30 minutes.

When we came back we hung out on the deck for a little while in the sunshine.


Look at how much snow has melted over the past couple of days!  We usually have over a foot in our yard at all times during the winter.


I also noticed that no snow = mud = muddy Vlad paws....


I'm planning on my afternoon snack being an apple with a tablespoon of peanutbutter.

I'm thinking that even though I'm going to this event tonight, I'm still going to make dinner for me and Carl to eat here at the house.  The invite said "light gourmet meal," but my experience in attending this event before is that light gourmet meal = heavy snacky foods.  I'll probably make us some roasted chicken breasts and veggies for dinner, and plan on having a few samples of the food at the event, and wine of course!

Happy end of the weekend!

No comments:

Recent Comments