Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Dinner and a Walk

DINNER TIME!

Tonight for dinner I whipped up some grilled chicken, brown rice, and.... the brussel spouts!

I sliced the brussel sprouts in half and threw them in a baking dish with some broccoli and cauliflower.  I poured a little extra virgin olive oil on the veggies as well as a couple of seasonings, and tossed the lot until coated.  I put them in the oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.

While the veggies roasted, I prepped and grilled the chicken breasts.  I put some white wine, extra virgin olive oil, low sodium soy sauce, and some seasonings on the chicken.


I grilled the chicken for about 12 minutes on low.

Here's how the veggies turned out!  YUM!


Here's my plate - grilled chicken, roasted cauliflower and brussel sprouts, and brown rice.


I LOVED the brussel sprouts!  I can't believe it!  They were so tender and tasted so delicate.  They totally took on the flavors of the olive oil and seasoning with a little "roasted" flavor.  Delicious!  I have a new veggie to eat now! :D

AFTER DINNER WALK

Vlad was anxious to play after dinner, and I really didn't feel like tossing the ball.  So, we decided to head out and take a little evening stroll.  Very nice outside.  I listened to a 60 Minutes podcast while we walked.  Now it's time to wind down the evening.  I think I'm going to head to bed early tonight.  Have to get up at 4:45AM to do a run/walk on the treadmill!   

No comments:

Recent Comments