Monday, March 1, 2010

Pizza Tonight!

Tonight I'm going to throw together a super simple dinner, because Carl and I are going to SHIDARA at the University.  I'm going to make a thin crust pizza and a veggie. 

Ingredients for Dinner:
- 1 Boboli Thin Crust Pizza (2.5g fat, 23g carbs, 1g sugar, 270mg sodium-not too bad)
- About 1/3 cup of pizza sauce (we don't like a lot of sauce)
- Low moisture, part-skim mozzarella cheese (about half of the bag, not too much)
- 1 cup browned, lean ground beef (we'll use the rest of the beef for another meal)
- Steamed broccoli

Carl and I don't like veggies actually ON our pizza, but we do have veggies WITH our pizza.  I know, we're weird.


This is a great example of how we can still eat a healthier dinner, even though we have an event to go to for the evening.  It would be so simple (but unhealthy) for me to just stop after work and pick up some fast food.  But, because I planned ahead, and put together an easy, and healthy option for our dinner, we are able to stick to our diet plans.  It is so worth it!

Here is how our pizza turned out - it was really good!

No comments:

Recent Comments