Sunday, March 14, 2010

Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Cereal

Okay, so I tryed to post this blog yesterday before my trip to the Cities, but I was having trouble uploading the photos.  It must have been the on the part of the blog software because things seem to be working fine today.  Need to catch you up now...

My morning snack yesterday morning (Sat.) was a Fiber 1 vanilla yogurt, and a banana.  Nothing too stellar, yet tasty.

I hit the treadmill for my workout yesterday, and logged 25 minutes of running at 6.5 mph, and 15 minutes of walking at 4.4 mph.  I ended with about 10 minutes of strength training.  My workout seemed too easy, which happens sometimes, especially after a rest day.  I'm still watching The Time Traveler's Wife while running.  I should finish it up on Monday.  My review of the movie is "ehh"... the whole concept of time travel throughout the movie is interesting, but the love story is kind of sappy.  Slightly entertaining.

Yesterday for lunch I tried out my new Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Cereal, and had a side cup of fresh strawberries.

A few nutrition facts on Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal: 
- Serving size is 28 biscuits
- 180 calories
- 1g fat (no sat fat or trans fat)
- No sodium or cholesterol
- 43 carbs (that seems like a lot)
- 5g of fiber
- 9g sugars
- 6g protein

I loved the taste of the little squares.  Just a light hint of cinnamon and sweetness, not too much.  I could see myself popping these as a snack too.  (In fact, I'm eating some as I type.)  Yum.  I will definitely will buy this cereal again. 


Afternoon snack was a Red Delicious apple w/ peanutbutter.  It really hit the spot!

No comments:

Recent Comments