Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mona Lisa's - Congrats to Natalie!

I just got back from dinner at Mona Lisa's with Natalie and Brittany.  Great fun!  Thanks ladies!  And, congrats to Natalie on her upcoming wedding over the Easter weekend in Vegas Baby!

Here's a little catch up on the day...

MORNING SNACK

I enjoyed my last Chobani blueberry Greek yogurt this morning.  I added a little Bare Naked Classic granola for some crunch.  A perfect snack!  I even ate the whole thing!  I was hungry after all the cleaning I did!


DINNER FOR LUNCH

I made a larger lunch today because Carl was working tonight, and needed some nourishment.  I grilled some boneless chicken breasts and made salads for us too.  Plus, I gave Carl some left over Barilla noodles from last night's beef tips dinner.

Here's my lunch...



WORKOUT and NEW MOON!!!!

After lunch, I hit the treadmill for a hard run.  I really needed to release some energy for some reason.  I ran at 6.8 mph for about 25 minutes, and walked at 4.4 mph for 15 minutes.  I also did about 10 minutes of strength training exercises.  The run felt GREAT!  I didn't even get tired.  Like I said, I had a lot of energy to expend.  Ahhhh.  PLUS!  I started watching the second Twilight saga movie - New Moon!  YAY!  I'll finish it up Monday.  So far it's really good!

VARIOUS SNACKS and a WALK

Throughout the afternoon I had a couple of snacks.  An apple with peanutbutter, a handful of grapes, and a handful of carrots.  I wanted to make sure I wasn't famished before dinner, so that that I chose my entree wisely.  Vlad and I also went on a 30 minute walk.  He needed to get out and get a little fresh air, and so did I.  I listened to a SETI podcast while we walked on anti-matter.  I'm not sure I understood anything that they talked about!  Way over my head!!!

DINNER AT MONA LISA'S

YAY!  It was finally time to meet Natalie and Brittany at Mona's!  I was a little early, so I ordered a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon while I waited for the other ladies to arrive.  Tonight, Brittany and I were treating Natalie to one of her fav restaurants to celebrate her wedding.  It's in Las Vegas over Easter weekend, and neither Brittany or I can make it, so we wanted to do a little something for Natalie as a gift. 

I want to say, that I was very, very good.  I did glance at my fav entree on the menu, but I chose a grilled chicken breast with bacon/fig rissoto instead.  It was delicious!!!  The chicken breast was so tender, and it had a balsamic vinegarette dressing drizzled over the top of it.  The combination of bacon and roasted figs in the risotto was wonderful!  I'm glad I tried something new, AND something a little healthier than my usual dinner at Mona's (cheese tortellini).



I did have another glass of red wine, and I should tell you too that we ordered an appetizer - brie, roasted garlic and a grape type pesto.  I only had a small portion of the appetizer - it was really delicious!

I think Natalie had a nice time and liked her gifts.


It was nice to get together with the girls!  I should tell you too that Brittany also did a great job tonight with her dinner.  She ordered the chicken breast and risotto too, and was totally mindful of her diet, and staying on the "modestly healthy" side of the menu.  YAY Britt!!!!


After dinner, the ladies and I headed across the street to grab a cup of coffee at Racy's.  Then we headed home.  Time to relax with Vlad and a good book!  Have a great night!

No comments:

Recent Comments