Thursday, March 4, 2010

Grocery Day Today!

Every Thursday, I go grocery shopping after work.  I like to grocery shop once a week, instead of getting a ton of food for several weeks.  Doing this helps me to be able to always have fresh produce and meat on hand, and encourages me to regularly try out new foods.

We have quite a few grocery stores here in Eau Claire:  Festival Foods, Super-Target, Super Wal-Mart, Gordy's County Market, Local Food Co-op, Ron's Castle Foods, and Mega Foods (hope I didn't leave one out.)  I've shopped at all of them over the years, and now currently shop at Super-Target.  I seem to get the best deals there, and there are a couple of items that I can get there, that I can't get at other stores.  AND, when/if I need other items non-grocery related, I can just pick everything up in one stop.  I don't really like to shop, so this works well for me.



Here is my grocery list for today:


Banannas (2 bunches)
Apples
Grapes
Green Beans
Cauliflower
Broccoli
Carrots (precut)
Baking Potatoes (2)
Lean Ground Beef
Chicken Breasts
Sirloin Steak (coupon)
Wheat English Muffins
Wheat Bread (coupon)
Bacon
Spagetti Sauce
Coffee
Green Tea
Baking powder
Walnuts
Cereal - probably Cherrios (coupon)
Granola Bars (Oats & Honey) (coupon)
Granola Bars (protein)
Water
Yogurt (Fiber 1) (coupon)
Greek yogurt (Yoplait coupon)
Paper Towels
ziplock bags (coupon)
Wine (1 bottle, red) - not sure what I'll get, depends on what's on sale
Milk (skim)
Silk Almond Milk
Tropicana 50 OJ
Eggs
Reduced fat Grands biscuits (coupon)
Frozen Strawberries
Lean Cuisine pizza
Corn (coupon)
Sugar Free Gum (coupon)
Toothpaste, Crest Sensitivity
Dark Chocolate, Hershey's Bliss

If you haven't already figured it out, I am a freakishly organized person.  I thrive on organization.  I do type out my grocery list every week, and determine what I have coupons for as well.  I also use those re-useable grocery bags.  I think I get $0.15 off of my bill for each bag I use at Target.  Every little bit helps my pocket book and the environment!

Here are those delicious honeycrisp apples.  Pricey buggers!  I found out today from the produce guy that this is the last batch they will have until Fall.  (Bummer.)  I guess I'll have to switch to Gala now.





Yummy food!

No comments:

Recent Comments